Sunday, December 13, 2009

Jobs

What a week! Life just keeps getting better and better and better!

Let me start with home life: I have moved into an apartment that Im not totally excited about but it will do for now. My roommates had a party last night and despite two of them being straightedge, I came home to beer bottles/cans everywhere but it wasn't out of control so I don't mind too much.

But with this also comes with good news! A friend called me last night while I was out studying to tell me that he is moving back to Oakland and his room will likely be opening up in the next two months! This is a place I would love to live in. Punks, vegans, cheap rent, loft space, creative roomies, shows, etc. It would still be in Bushwick, which I hate, but much much better than here and I already know the area. So, yay, I am happy about that.

More good news: I got a job, two in fact. I never really had a job at the bar until this past Thursday. I am now on the schedule for every Thursday for the next month. I will also be working Christmas Eve, day and day after. So if you're going to be in New York and want to come visit me at the bar you totally can!

The other job, the one I am super excited about, is with Stumptown Coffee. So far its been the best job ever! Training is mostly hanging out, drinking espresso and various forms of coffee extractions and talking about it! There is a little more work involved than that but its still super fun. I can be a huge nerd about things like this and so my research and studying have been excessive.

Because of this new job, I have decided not to start school in January. It just doesnt make sense anymore. Stumptown is the kind of place I could stay for a very long time. They take care of their employees and there is a lot of room for growth and opportunity. I can definitely see myself staying for a long time. So EMT school is out for now. I still want to go back to a university but that will have to wait until the fall at least.

I got a new computer recently. I love it. Its a brand new MacBook Pro.

There have been a million other little things that have made me happy the past few days too but I cant remember them all and they aren't really that important.

What is important is that I have the two major hurdles to moving cleared: a place to live and a job. Now I just need to work on a social life and Ill be set!

As much as I would love to continue this little update, I have to leave for work soon (what a great feeling after so long...). For now I will leave you with a photo of my work attire... Its not a great one but I think you get the idea.



xoxox

No comments: