Saturday, December 19, 2009

Workaholic

Life has been crazy the past week. I went from no job to two and its just pretty awesome. Thursdays are long days for me. Yesterday was my first long day working two jobs. It will only be once a week but 20 hour days are a lot for me.

Thursday I was up at 7am getting ready for work at the cafe. I worked the cafe from 9am-2:30pm and then made my way home. I made something to eat and got ready to go to the other job. Everything takes an hour by train (or just under or over). I started work at the bar at 6pm and didn't get home until after 3am. Ugh. What a day! And Ill do it again every Thursday for the next few months at least.

I love being busy and having things to do. The cafe is the best job I think Ive ever had. I like people. I like coffee. My boss is rad (read: fun, encouraging, positive, not an asshole). My co-workers seem cool too.
They have moved me up to the register and setting up drinks which I really like.

As much as it sucks sometimes, I do really like working with the the public. People are fun and interesting for the most part.

Other than that my life doesn't consist of much. I got to spend Wednesday at the spa! A full body massage, steam room, sauna, etc. I wish I could go every week! I also got an iphone that day. I'm having trouble figuring out how to use it but I'm sure it will come with time. For the most part I love it. I haven't had an ipod since I was in India so I can finally listen to music again!

Yesterday I ended up spending all the money I made at the bar the night before. I need more work clothes and had to go grocery shopping. :(

Today is a lazy day. The weather forecast says there is a high of 29 degrees and a 100% chance of snow by 3pm today. I'm not a big fan of the snow but I maybe this year it will put me in a Christmas spirit...

Oh yeah and before I forget, here is a photo of the current me. I gave myself bangs (fringe)... Its been a few days and I think I like them.

2 comments:

Hot Tubs, Saunas, Steam Rooms said...

Congrats on the two jobs! :)

The spa experience sounds wonderful. Saunas and steam rooms are great for relaxing you and provide a myriad of health benefits as well.

Also, your blog title reminds me of a song by They Might be Giants, "Birdhouse in Your Soul". If you haven't heard it, you should! :)

Anonymous said...

Hope you are well! x