Saturday, August 8, 2009

Life and Death

I feel strange just posting this on the internet but I cant really call home right now so this is the best Ive got.

Yesterday I almost died. Im still kind of fucked up from it emotionally but I am really happy to be alive. It was on the rafting trip to the Chitwan National Park, we were all swimming and I was suddenly trapped under the boat and then pulled under in a whirlpool.

I have never been so terrified in my life. I was under long enough that my body was convulsing, fighting for air. I kept thinking about my life and what the obituary would say (Young woman dies while white water rafting in Nepal). And more than that I was thinking of my mom and Mamo, how sad they would be. And what they would do.

My outlook on life has changed a little in the past 36 hours. I have a better appreciation for life and how fragile it is. I want to have as much fun as I possibly can and I want the people I love to know it.

On a lighter subject, I have been having a ton of fun. I just love Nepal and after almost dying with eight other people yesterday, I feel like I have made a few new friends. We washed elephants in the river today and went tromping through the mud to play on a giant bamboo swing.

Tomorrow, we are off on a trek through the jungle! Hopefully we will encounter tons of animals but from a safe distance!

I have been taking tons of pictures too. I broke my second camera of the trip but I can still take photos. Ill have tons for you soon! Mostly my time has been spent running around with "the group" getting into trouble and having fun.

I just love it here and don't want to leave. Ill be back soon though.

Sorry I don't have more time to update!

xoxox


Oh yeah, and I have a new set in Member Review on SG! I think people like it....!

3 comments:

drrn. said...

I'm glad you're okay!

Ticktockman said...

There's nothing like a brush with death to put a jolt of life in you. FWIW, I'm glad you made it through, too. I'm globetrotting vicariously, and would hate to lose my view of the world. ;) Washing elephants... amazing. Safe travels through the jungle, and I look forward to the pictures. The set is beautiful, too. Cheers,

-TTm

What a babe that boy is. said...

you're doing it wrong...
you're supposed to be the one getting the tattoo, not me.