Thursday, August 6, 2009

Nepal

So Ive got to make this quick. Sorry! I really wish I could write more but Ill try to fill you in later!

Varanasi sucks. I hate that city so much. Nepal is way better than anywhere in India.

Ive met four British boys that are pretty cool. We have been hanging out and Ill be traveling with them for a bit.

Pokhara is beautiful. Nepal is the most beautiful place in all the world, easily. Ill have pictures soon.

Yesterday we rented motor bikes and rode around the town and out to some bat caves. It was really rad and I got way too dirty climbing around in the mud. It was wild and probably totally unsafe but SO much fun.

Today was lazy. We slept until almost 1pm and then had breakfast at the lake. I went swimming and played with little nepali boys and the guys.

Getting here was terrible. I took the train from Varanasi to Gorhapur and then the bus to the border. After that it was supposed to be just six hours to Pokhara but it took 12 instead! Road blocks, a broken down bus and a million military checks later....! Totally worth it though.

Tomorrow, we are all going on a rafting trip down the Seti River. Its class 4 rapids. What the hell am I thinking?!?! Should be fun. It will take us straight to a Chitwan Natl Park. There Ill hopefully see rhinos and tigers and all sorts of crazy animals!!!

So yeah. Thats life right now. The guys are crazy and wild and completely reckless and I love it. I think I need to loosen up a bit anyway.

Ill have pictures soon. I cant see Annapurna here which is a shame but Ill just have to come back later. And when I do Ill do some trekking!

Im getting excited to come home and see everyone but Im in love with Nepal and dont want it to end. The people are nicer and quieter. The landscape isnt covered in trash and it so green. Way greener than the Northwest!

There are a ton of other things I want to tell but just dont have time. I feel like Im running a million miles a minute but Im not.

Its going to take me almost two days of straight travel to get back to Delhi but hopefully it wont be too bad.

But I have to go. Im still wet from swimming and the rain and I need to eat something before I perish!

1 comment:

Jake said...

That makes my decision seem even more ridiculous. Whatever. Live and learn I guess.