Sunday, November 1, 2009

"And You've Changed Some"

Its been a while. Over a month. Almost two....

Life is very different these days. I dont really know what else to say other than that. My days of travel are over and for now I am thankful.

What does life have in store for me? I have no idea. Well, thats not entirely true. I have a few ideas but we all know that that doesn't mean anything to me. Im still wanting to go to EMT school in January. That would be nice. I like learning skills. Ill travel again soon, dont doubt that for a second. But for now Im focused on settling into a life and nesting for a bit.

I like New York. It seems to suit me well. I am always busy here. Always. It seems that a day doesnt go by where I dont have a hundred things to do. Im comfortable with that because otherwise Im pretty sure Id be depressed.

But anyway, thats my life now. I live in Brooklyn. Im trying to find a place to live "long term" and I just got a job. I want a second job because I like being busy and because it wont pick up to full time until December.

So much has happened in the past two months and now Im drawing a blank and have nothing to talk about.....

Ive decided (again) what I want tattooed on my chest. Thats the big thing now, I guess. Once I have excess money lying around Id like to do that but that wont be for months. And Ill probably change my mind again before then. I have to help my mom pay for the whole staph infection thing and get settled here anyway.

Im picking up my camera from the shop tomorrow. I got it fixed so there should be pictures to come. Im considering doing the 365 project that tons of people are doing. I cant commit to every day though. I like once or twice a week better. Could be a good way to document my life now.

More than most other things Im thinking of and looking forward to nesting. Its silly, I know but I haven't been able to for so long! I want to have a kitchen stocked full of bulk foods: beans, lentils, rice, quinoa, nuts, dried fruit, oatmeal...etc. And to have another sour dough starter.... I keep thinking about how I want my room to look. Sparse. Just a bed, table, lamp, dresser and maybe a book shelf. Im over having stuff. My vice is clothing and I know this but outside of that, books and maybe a computer for convenience, I dont want or need anything. A good cross stitch is nice too though. (god, listen to me! Im like and old woman...ugh)

I havent been taking good care of myself lately. Stress does that to me. Ive been drinking far too much soya milk and today I finally noticed what it does to my body. Ive lost weight but my boob have gotten bigger because of the estrogen. Oops. Ill have to work on that. I like bigger boobs but not if its at the risk of being unhealthy.

Halloween was ok. I ended up dressed as a cultural stereotype and felt somewhat uncomfortable about that. I was supposed to be a mime because my original costume fell through. But it didnt work out and I just looked like a French girl. There are no photos to speak of. Sorry.

So thats life. Not terribly exciting.

I like this song. I always have.... Maybe you do too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"My days of travel are over and for now I am thankful."

I'm so in with you about that ...

Never been to NY :)