Sunday, December 21, 2008

New Hair and Hot Tub Party

Okay. So, I'm back. And I will try my best to go back to updating on the regular. Sorry for the hiatus.

My weeks have been lonely and somewhat boring until yesterday. I have spent most of my time feeling awkward around people who I want to call friends. Most of them I don't know very well at all and feel like they are getting the wrong impression of me. It's a vicious cycle that I really want to break.

Anyway! I have made an endless array of baked goods and tasty treats for people, read some interesting pieces of literature, watched movies and listened to great music. I would say that my days here are getting better and after last night I am pleased to be where I am!

A bunch of the people I have gotten to know here played a show last night. It was interesting to say the least. I actually really enjoyed the show but trying to interact on a social level with some people there was difficult. I mostly just mean that many of the people who are in the "punk/hardcore" scene have nothing else to talk about. Its like they cant relate to anyone who doesn't know all the lyrics to every Minor Threat or Black Flag song. I enjoyed the show none the less.

The show was followed by Ethiopian food and a naked hot tub party. I was happy to be naked (its been way too long) and in a big tub of warm water! There were about 15 of us all in our birthday suits. It was wonderful being with friends, naked and totally comfortable.

Sorry (or maybe thankfully), there are no pictures of the show or party.

Today, I woke up to Joanna at the house ready to cut my hair.

I know, I know, I know. I was going to let it grow but I just couldn't take it any longer! It gets everywhere. It's always in my way and I just wanted it gone!

Im not sure how to feel about it just yet....
What do you think?

1 comment:

farrellvegan said...

adorable. its about time you wrote something. jeez.