Thursday, December 4, 2008

Borrrring!

Not a whole lot has happened since I met Flynn in DC. Mostly I have been sitting in Elizabeth and Joanna's apartment reading, listening to music and doing a lot of thinking.

Life here is even slower for me than Asheville was. I suppose there is nothing wrong with that, I am just ready to get back to the city and the hustle of too many people.
I am tired of thinking. When I am in the mix of a city, everything is too fast paced to settle into the depressing thought of winter and life.

I finally called home the other day. My mother had called a few times so I talked to her in the only place on the campus I get reception, the top of a wet grassy hill on the other side of the campus. I even made the effort to call some friends from along my travels.

It was refreshing to talk to people who aren't terribly involved in my life. Its easier to tell them what I want about my life and leave it at that (without feeling obligated to say more). I could do that here too, but I prefer letting my dirty laundry air out here because I don't have to see/hear reactions until later. Plus this is a little like a diary...and I pretend none of you actually look at this. :)

My plan from here is to head back to DC on Saturday. I want to find somewhere to work for the week, hopefully make an extra five or six hundred dollars, and then head to NY. I decided to do the Boston thing, which means I will be there after NY. Extra money is always nice. By the end of all of that, it will almost be Christmas....

No comments: