Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Plans...?

I am trying to figure out what to do with myself. I am at a point in my life that I don't really have to choose anything if I don't want. And for the first time in my life I am not scared to have a plan. Funny how that works.

I have spent most of the day lounging about playing on the internet and looking at ticket prices. As of right now, my plan for the year goes like this: I will fly to London at the end of January. Hopefully I will be able to hangout in the UK for a few weeks, if its not too cold. From there I can head to Europe proper. I want to WWOOF in Portugal, Morocco (I know, not Europe) and Turkey. I'm not sure if I will have time for Portugal and Morocco but I am definitely going to in Turkey.

I have started looking into farms to work on and I think I may have found one! Its a farm on the Mediterranean that grows apples, almonds, pears and other fruits and vegetables. They also have some goats and chickens. I am hoping to have the opportunity to make cheese! (For those of you who are not aware of my stance on veganism and cheese making, I am actually ok with making and eating cheese if I know where it comes from and that the animals are treated well).

I need to contact them but I don't think it will be much of a problem. So if I WWOOF in Turkey I want to spend the entire month of April or May there.

Depending on how time goes, I may want to come back in May. I started looking at ticket prices out of Istanbul today. I think I might want to fly back to Portland in late May, work for the summer and use the money I make to move. I was invited to go to Tokyo next September. While I always like an excuse to go somewhere new, I don't think I can afford to go there and move, as much as I would like to.

Hopefully, the plan will lead me to moving to San Francisco by next fall. Or Brooklyn. I haven't decided yet and I am thinking that by the time I am ready to move, I won't know anyone living in Brooklyn anymore. All I know is that I will not be moving back to Portland for any long term living anytime soon.

As for right now, I should be making a plan to get to New Orleans or somewhere in Texas or somewhere....

1 comment:

Matthew Scott Allen said...

Portugal is so beautiful. Make sure and go to the north away from the tourists. Morocco is rad and completely opposite of Europe. I knew some Irish gals who worked on a farm in AndalucĂ­a when I was living there, they loved it so much. You seem like such an ambitious person, that is amazing. I have very similar goals but I will have to wait until I graduate.