Sunday, November 30, 2008

Half Naked Push Ups and Champagne Drunk

My hair is getting long and I hate it. I have decided that I will let it grow while on this "journey." While I am not sure why, and I certainly don't like it long, it just seems like the right thing to do.


I haven't done much the past few days. Actually, that is a lie. It just feels like I haven't done much.

Thanksgiving was a bust, but then again, it always is. I went to Celeste's house (Ian's girlfriend) for the day. We made a ton of food but also drank too much champagne and forgot to eat. It wasn't bad spending the day with her. I just would have enjoyed being alone with Elliott Smith better....

The plan to make candy corn failed miserably. The dough wouldn't harden and I ended up with a puddle of yellow and orange sugar. I will attempt it again when I get back to DC and hopefully it will work this time! I really just want to make it so I can send little bags of it to my vegan friends around the country. If I could send pie, cookies and things of that nature, I would.

The up side to Thanksgiving was seeing Jill again. She got to Asheville that night and I went with her back to Charlotte.

If you didn't know, Charlotte, NC is the most boring place I have ever been. There is NO Nightlife. NO Bars, NO Shows, NO Vegan Spots, NO Young people worth meeting!
Jill and I looked so hard to find somewhere to hangout that we resorted to searching "hipseter bar" to find a place to go. In the end we watched The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2. Very hip if you ask me.


The train is becoming one of my favorite places/things to do. I know its nothing like hopping trains, which I would like to try next summer, but it gives me time to think, plan and reflect. The past few months have pushed me to really think about the relationships I have with the people in my life and what I want out of them.

My relationships are suffering. I recognize that. I am not entirely sure what I want anymore but I am also not ready to give this trip up or settle so I can be comfortable. The result: hurting people out of selfishness.

There was a very big shift in my life a few days ago, (You will have to forgive my being so vague) and now more than ever I can't tell what it is I REALLY want. I hate how sure you can be of something and then everything changes in an hour....

Anyway, sorry for that little emo tidbit and I will go back to giving the guided tour of my life:

I took the train for Charlotte back to DC. I saw some friends and hung out for a day, went to a party filled with shitty Chads and watched four guys prove thier manhood to eachother with push ups. The last part was funny more than anything.

Welch also gave me my first comic book. It is called "Y: Unmanned." Its about a guy who is the last man on earth. I am hooked and may start spending my money on comics instead of travel. Just kidding. I do really like this particular comic and I will try my best to finish the series at some point. Thanks Welch.

As of now, I am sitting at St. Mary's College in St. Mary's City, Maryland. I came to see Ms. Elizabeth Brunner and Mr. Flynn Knight Collins. It is 1:25am on a Sunday. I think I am the only person awake for miles. Historically speaking, I am a night owl. I like to stay up until 4am and sleep until 11 or noon. There is something comforting about the dark. Anyway, everyone else is asleep and I am so bored and awake that I am about to start reading Coin Locker Babies again. Not that I have a problem with that....

3 comments:

jill said...

update: saturday night in charlotte = watching kids hang out outside of the grocery store.

movie on the plane ride home from charlotte: yup...the sisterhood of the traveling pants 2.

justine failed to mention that from all of our searching, we found 2 places that might be good to hang out at. they were 35 minutes from where my family's house. it was easier to find a place to hang out in Moab, Utah.

upside: seeing justine and ian. yay!

jill said...

update: saturday night in charlotte = watching kids hang out outside of the grocery store.

movie on the plane ride home from charlotte: yup...the sisterhood of the traveling pants 2.

justine failed to mention that from all of our searching, we found 2 places that might be good to hang out at. they were 35 minutes from where my family's house. it was easier to find a place to hang out in Moab, Utah.

xBWRNWx said...

i love how referring to bro's as Chad's is spreading across the nation. bring that shit to Europe. also, your story about the push ups reminds me of two weeks ago i was hanging out in Ashland with Phil and Savedge at this diner and this group of high school kids came in and the d00ds were arm wrastling each other and i went over and arm wrestled this dude. He won... but the babes were still impressed, which, you know, is the point here.