Monday, November 3, 2008

Getting to Vegas and Stuff

Tuesday, October 28th.

I spent most of the day lounging around the house. I needed to have my dermal anchors back in and I was starving. I went up to the shop to have my anchors put back in and ended up have another job offered to me. It seems to happen a lot to me.... I decided to turn it down, after a lot of consideration, despite really wanting to take the job.
Ritual is a cafe that people have said has good coffee so I decided to try it out. I happened to go in while Benji's friend Nick were working. We chatted and he invited me to go have drinks with him and his co-workers after work. It was only an hour or so to kill before they were off so I went down the street to buy a notebook. I was in the bookstore for five minutes. I am not exaggerating, five minutes. I ran in, grabbed a notebook and a post card and ran out. When I came out my rear wheel had been stolen. Gone. What the fuck?!?!?! I had to call around and find another wheel to use for the last few days I was in town.

Eventually, I swallowed my pride and called Fox. I walked my frame all the way to the Hampshire House to meet him and get a new wheel. We eventually got one and put it on but the cog was too small and the chain was eating my chain ring when I rode. I got half way to the bar and ended up walking. I had drinks with Nick and Jeff and we laughed about the ridiculousness of my wheel being gone and the trouble I went through to get a new one.



Wednesday, October 29th.

To fix the cog problem, I had to walk to Freewheel to get a new one. Pryish called and wanted to meet up since he was in town for the afternoon. I ate falaffel while I waited for him and his friends. When he got into the Mission we talked for a while but he had to run out to Oakland so we said our goodbyes. I like that kid. He is a good kid to know.

From there I went to Philz to kill time. I had decided to hear Fox out on what the hell was going on. I'm not sure why I agreed but I did. At 7:00 I headed over to SoCha to meet Fox. He was late and just as I was about to walk out, the guy working gave me a free beer. We had been chatting and for some reason, people like to give me free shit. I don't argue with that. And it was lucky for Fox too.

When Fox finally arrived we talked for almost two hours. Things are right with us again for the most part. It was all a misunderstanding and him not being able to process his feelings. Figures.

I sat and read in SoCha for the rest of the evening and listened to live classical music. Apparently they do it every Wednesday night. I wish I had known sooner. Their coffee is shit and they don't have vegan food but the atmosphere cant be beat.



Thursday, October 30th.

Oh, this day was great.... Sike. I went to Whole Foods before work and got lots of food for work. I get really hungry at work sometimes so I like to be prepared. I also found a ride to LA on my way to work! Sweet!

It was a slow day at the club again. I tried to stick it out but the laws in California are very different from the laws in Oregon. I draw the line at touching. I have never been able to do it and Im not about to start now. I had one dance and quit. Management didn't give a shit about me or my safety and I cant work in a place like that. Even for a day.

So I went home and made dinner and cleaned.

Sam called, Bike Sam, and I went to meet him at Brain Wash. We wandered over to Cassidy's, the local messenger hangout. I liked it. Mostly because I only paid for one beer all night.

I was being flirty with the bartender and got all my drinks for free. It got to a point that Sam was drinking for free because dude knew that if Sam got bored and left, I was going to leave too. It was fun. I like getting trashed for free. I don't remember the walk home but Sam made food and I passed out.

Sam says I spent the walk home talking shit on the bartender because what kind of tool does that!?!?!

Anyway, it was a good night. I was up too late and drank too much.




Friday, October 31st.

I slept way too late. Nursing a hangover and feeling shitty. I kept trying to get out of bed but it just wasn't working. When I did finally get out of bed, I went to Brain Wash to do laundry. I read Coin Locker Babies while I waited for my laundry and ate a bagel. From there I went a got mouse for my hair and went back to the house to do myself up for the party.

The party started kind of slow. All I wanted to do was leave. It took a while, but I finally loosened up. I did lock myself in Liz's bedroom for a while, trying to escape the party. Everyone got drunker and drunker and I ended up biting Fox's face when he was tickling me. Oops. Dave called and wanted me to come over for a small after party. I was supposed to take Fox with me but he was passed out by the time it was time to go.

I got to Dave's around 4am. We drank whiskeya and sat around for a few hours. I spilled whiskey and soda all overmyself at some point and wore Dave's sweats for the rest of the night.



Saturday, November 1st.

I slept late again, and hung out with Dave most of the day. It was raining really hard all day and I didnt have a rain coat. I went to sell my bike to some guy who gave me a hard time and obviously didnt know what he was talking about. I wanted to punch hime and I am sure that my bike is going to be destroyed.

I was already wet by the time I got to the Hampshire House to pick up my keys. Fox was grossly hungover. I had to laugh. I walked all the way home in the pouring rain to pack up my stuff.

Dave was leaving his house at 6pm so I had just over an hour and a half to pack and get back to his house. I called a cab and went outside to wait for it. It took more than an hour for the cab to show up. I was pissed, cold and still sopping wet. Dave had to help me take my pants off when I got there because they were so wet. Im sure it was the highlight of his night. Then I got a call from the girl who was supposed to give me a ride to LA, she couldnt do it. So I paniced. Jake bought me a plane ticket to Vegas, Im sure to settle my nerves.

For my last night in town, I wanted to make a nice dinner and bake pie. Fox was moving his stuff into Dave's that night so I made dinner for the both of us. It was actually a really nice dinner of brussel sprouts, green beans, onions, garlic, yellow and orange bell peppers, tempeh and rice. I think I might be a decent cook after all!

Fox was late, as usual but when he finally showed up, he ate and I started on pie. It was going to be sweet potato pie. Perfect for the first of November! Dave had a friend over, who sucked, and we had a lot of awkward conversation while we waited for the pie to bake.

We all ended up staying up until 7am. I was exhausted by the time I fell asleep.



Sunday, November 2nd.

I hung out in Fox's room and he made me listen to music while he folded laundry. I had to rush to BART to get out to the airport. My phone didnt switch for daylight savings and I ended up on BART more than an hour early. Oops. So as I was sitting in the airport, my flight was delayed by two hours. Fun. Im running off of three hours of sleep, hardly any food, three nights of staying up too late and now I have to wait for three hours to get on the plane. Cool.

I got to watch a couple episodes of Battlestar on the plane. It was rad.

Liz picked me up from the airport and we watched Love Actually while I ate mac and cheese.




Monday, November 3rd.

I woke up today feeling really sick. My nose is running with nasty yellow/green snot, my body aches and I just feel like shit all around. I slept until 3pm, I really needed it, and sat around and watched The OC. What an exciting day! Hopefully tomorrow will prove to be a better day!

No comments: