Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Bon Voyage.

I have less than 24 hours left before I fly to London. I have my debit card, the insurance company has settled, I found a place to stay and now all I have to do is wait.

This is the worst part. I don't have anything I NEED to do so I just sit and think for hours about what could go wrong. I would like to go to a grocery store before I leave so I can get snacks for the plane. Other than that, I have the next day to do whatever I want.

When I get to London, I have some rad people to stay with, a tattoo convention to go to for SG, possibly another set, and a friend waiting to see me! I am looking forward to seeing London again, although, I am already ready to leave. I want to go somewhere warm. That's difficult to do this time of year but I think I could settle on a lack of snow. Spain, Portugal, Morocco....


As far as the last few days, I have been happy to be out of Philadelphia. It was nice while it lasted but to be honest, it was a waste of time. New York is proving to be a nice little spot for regrouping before Europe. I was up late last night with Sean and David, sharing embarrassing stories and having silly predictive pictures drawn.

Yesterday was productive too. I finally got to shoot with Brooklyn and will have another set up in a few weeks! I cant wait to see the final outcome of my set! I can already tell that it's very different from my first set!

On my way home from the set yesterday, I realized that Jake was probably right, I think I fractured my toe. It gets sore when I walk a lot or if its cold. I can't remember hitting it on anything but I know something is wrong. Whateves. It's one of the middle ones so it shouldn't be a big deal.


On a different note, my plans for the next year have changed (yet again). I don't think I will be coming home in May/June like I said. I have what seems to be enough money to make my way to Japan from London via Asia. I'll see part of Europe, Morocco, Turkey, Lebanon, Syria, Jordan, Israel and the Palestinian territories, Iran, through Pakistan to India and Nepal and on to Southeast Asia. I know some folks who will be in Tokyo in September, so I want to be there then and then make my way home!!!

By the end of it I will have seen four continents and at least 20 countries! After that I have South America, Australia and Antarctica. I'm pretty sure that by not following through on this I would not only regret it but would be a total loser and failure for chickening out.

Yeah. Anyway. I will miss everyone very much and I cant wait to share more with you! I still have email and all that so don't be shy! It might take me a bit to get back to you but I will! No phone though.

Wish me luck!

No comments: