Monday, January 5, 2009

Look Mom! No Hands!

I've had a soothing couple of days. Not too much going on and the little that is happening is set at a slow pace.

Mark and Kate have been great! They are super accommodating, clean, nice, fun and most of all, helpful. We spent the weekend together baking pies and going out drinking. They took me to a pretty rad metal bar that had live music, cheap drinks and a dancer on the bar! They've bought drinks, introduced me to fun people and are always up for a good time. That is all I could really ask for from them! Not to mention, Kate is really respectful and supportive about stripping. She gave me an honest opinion of the clubs here and doesn't get weird about the whole thing. She and Mark seem to have a really rad relationship without going over board.
It's been fun to hang out with a couple that isn't all lovey-dovey.

Other than that, I haven't done much. We went ice skating today which was great! I didn't realize I had muscles in my feet and legs that would be so soar after. I managed to keep my balance and not fall the whole time!!! (I know, I sound like a kid saying "look mom, no hands!"). Kate snapped a few pictures that I am really excited about and I can't wait to go again!

Tomorrow holds yet another adventure. I have a few errands to run and some more places to visit but it should be fun.
I will also be purchasing my ticket home tomorrow. What a mess that has been! Between that and the possibility of not going to Europe, I am a little stressed out. Going home shouldn't be too much of a problem but as I get closer and closer to leaving, the more I think I won't be able to go.

There are a few reasons why:
1. I don't have a return ticket just yet. Without one the UK may not let me in. That can easily be remedied but I don't want to buy a ticket home if I'm not actually leaving.
2. I lost my debit card and my bank says they "can't" issue me a new one. Without a card, I have no money. I cant very well walk around Europe and Northern Africa with a few thousand dollars cash! I am hoping this will be resolved very soon.
3. I still don't have anywhere lined up to stay. I refuse to pay for accommodations so that makes it a little harder.
4. The insurance company from my accident is taking their sweet time in getting to a settlement. I told them I was leaving and that if this wasn't resolved by January 21st I was not going to leave and was getting a lawyer. It's looking like they want me to get a lawyer and sue them for compensation for canceling my trip.

So yeah. Hopefully I can still go to Europe but I have started to weigh my options if I can't. There are so many things I could do but where to start.... Hopefully I wont have to choose and I can turn 23 on another continent.

No comments: