Saturday, January 3, 2009

I like NY

I know, I have been slacking again.

Christmas was boring and I ended up hanging out by myself. The days following christmas were pretty much the same as they had been in DC.

My month in DC was great. Welch has "won" the unsuspecting friend of the year award. Funny thing about Welch, I would have never expected him to be the one to want to hang out all the time or comfort me when I cried. He was really awesome and I am glad I spent so much time at T st.

But now I am in New York, staying with my friend Mark. He has been kind enough to take me in for the week. I caught a ride from DC on New Years Eve. We left at 2am so I at least got to "party" for the new year.

The party was really just a punk show and then a root beer social. The social was better after midnight when people started too settle down. I drank way too much soda but took a bunch of pictures and had a good time with the DC boys club.

New York has been a series of tourist attractions so far. I spent all day yesterday wandering around the city with Jake. I have seen most of that stuff before and was happy to walk around and see it again but I am ready to do something else now.

But after walking around, seeing the sights, meeting people, etc., I think I could live here. I am still in love with the idea of SF but I like it here too. I would want to be here for totally different reasons but I now know I could get by.

I have plenty of time to decide. No need to commit to anything now!

No comments: