Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Jesus Fucking Christ

Barcelona was wonderful and I cant wait to go back! The weather was perfect, the people I met were awesome and I could definately get used to the vegan cake there.

Right now I am in Valencia with Maurine celebrating Falles. I leave to head back to Barcelona very early on the 20th and then I will catch a flight to Morocco on the 21st. I am very excited about seeing Morocco but a little nervous too. I am sure it will be fun but I am somewhat pressed for time so things are stressful. I have way more than enough money so that helps but i dont like feeling like I have to be in places by a certain time. At the very least I will be coming back to Spain April 3rd or 5th and then Ill be off to Paris again. The date for my arrival in Paris has been set but I am not telling when so my friends in Paris can just wake up to me in their house! Haha. Creepy.

I have a few pictures to share with you too....

Ill start with a little thing I did for SG that is kind of interesting to me. I took pictures of me with no makeup and then after each step of application. I should just stop wearing makeup. I look exactly the same!







Pictres from Barcelona: Some good, some bad, some silly.





















Falles has been interesting to say the least. Maurine and I have been wandering the city watching children light explosives in the streets. The city itself is like a war zone without the blood. There are explosions at all hours, people running and yelling everywhere and if your not careful, you might get hit with a flying firecracker. Its crazy and its only going to get more insane on Thursday when they burn everyting.

My feelings for this festival are mixed. I think its good to see once in your life but I will never come back for it again. Too much noise, too many people, and its not like you can escape it. The thing about Falles that makes it so differnt from other festivals is that it is city wide. Every neighborhood has a party so even if you want to get away from the noise, you cant. That said, it is also a lot of fun to watch childred play with lighters and matches....

Most of you know how much I hate children. You can put the cutes kid in the world in front of me and usually i wont even bat an eye, but the kids here are sooo fucking cute i could puke. They all have these costumes that somehow make their discusting kid-ness melt away. Take it in because this probably isnt going to happen ever again....
























Maurine and I went tree climbing too! Fun, Fun!!













I went dumpster diving, otherwise known as skipping. Yummy.

5 comments:

Jake said...

Man I love that church, and that when you look out over the city there are huge towers all over the place.

Justine said...

if your talking about the really tall one thats the famous gaudi building that everyone talks about. it wont be finished until 2020 or some crazy year.

Unknown said...

oh. i had no idea what it is. it just looks like a contemporary cathedral. not that cool in person?

xBWRNWx said...

i love how doing your make up is actually straightening your septum piercing. That girl you climbed the tree with is so cu-ute! haha.

Anonymous said...

your friend can't shower but has a nikon camera?

btw she is hell ugly.