Monday, July 27, 2009

My Ribs Hurt And Its Hard To Breath...

So I don't think I ever really got over being sick. Ive been feeling nasty all day which is a shame because tomorrow Ill be leaving Mama and Bobbi and Rashu. There are worse things in the world though so I shouldn't complain. I hope Ill be feeling better by tomorrow.

Its going to be crazy getting from here to Varanasi! Eight hours from here to Delhi by train, then a ten hour layover and then another 13 to Varanasi. Oh boy!

From there Ill be headed to Nepal! I'm pretty excited about it since I wanted to go before and thought I wouldn't make it this time. Ill be alone since Jake is flying to Thailand on the 5th. Very exciting. Funny how I find being alone much more thrilling than having people to share it with. Is there something wrong with me?

In other news, Mama gave me my first sari as a going away gift. Its beautiful! It will be back from the tailor in the morning, just in time to leave. I'm going to try to get some photos in it before I go to show you.

And what your all waiting for.... Pictures!

This is where I live. Well, sort of... Jake wanted to take some pictures with his old fashioned camera and this is what came out.








I really like this one and Im sure my mother will as well. I think its funny that it looks like I dont have any tattoos. Its kind of like a time warp. Hahaha.


Sometimes in India, there are strange things in the sky. Its not really a rainbow or a storm cloud. The pictures doesnt do it justice but maybe you can get the idea.



Since my camera quit working there I havent been able to share my favorite spot with you. The waterfall is about 18km away. I just love it. You can hike up to the top and wander around. The day I went up I say lots of monkeys of course but also some kind of strange lizard thing. It looked like a small Kimono Dragon. Rad.







These are from the Palace. Well worth the wait I think.




More pictures of me with Rashika. Its still strange to like a baby so much. I think we get along well, even though she likes to pee on me. Those times I like her much less but what can you do. It will never be cute but Ill let it slide for now.



This is the "working woman's" grandson. He was cute for a hot second but then he got all comfortable around me. I dont like him anymore. He likes to follow me around and talk my ear off in Hindi. Some things may have changed but my love of children, or lack there of, hasnt. Sorry to burst that bubble.


And of course more pictures of me doing nothing in particular.



And one of Mama for the road.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Your right I do love that picture! and I do hate your tatoos, hate is a little strong but i love you and cant waite to see you!!!!!!!! mom