Saturday, September 20, 2008

Fish Fun

I'm going to try a new style for this so brace yourselves!

Thursday, September 18th

I had stayed the night in Oakland the night before but had to work on Friday so I took BART back to the city.  I have to say that I really like the amount of public transportation that is available at all times in this city.  Anyway, I went back to the "Dude Cave" (this is better than calling it the boy cave) to clean up and relax a little before I had to start my first day of work.  I ended up watching Leprechaun with them, I had never seen it before, and really liked it.  I just can't believe they made five of them!!

After the movie, I went to Delores Park by my self for lunch.  Big mistake.  That stupid park is pick-up central!  I don't like being bothered.... so that's not the place for me.

I worked for a few hours. Its a really easy job.  Kind of boring actually but I get to read a lot so that's great!  

After work I headed to 21st and Valencia for an amateur movie night, which was terrible!!  Crap. It was all crap!  But I survived, and got to hang out with more wonderful people.  After that it was over to Jack's.  If you ever want great karaoke in SF, that's your place.  I sang Dirty Dancing songs with Benji, Heartbreaker, Jolene and a few others!  I love karaoke now! Definitely a new favorite hobby. 

Most of you should know that when I hangout with you again, I will want to do duets with you at the bars all night.  Prepare yourselves!

After that I had to catch the last bus back to the Dude Cave where I stayed up until 4am watching Wet Hot American Summer.   (Phil: you need to see this.  The Stella guys made a movie!!)



Friday, September 19th.  

You don't even want to know...

It started as a regular day.  I had a doctors appointment and then work from 1-5pm.  Nothing all that exciting happened at work.  Just hung out and sold panties to old white ladies.

After work there was a city wide park thing going on.  You can take a parking space and turn it into your own little park for the day.  Some friends were playing a show and when I got there, Ken, Benji, Andreus, and everyone else were there.  I met a few new people and we all headed to Delores Park to kill time.  We were waiting for a gallery opening/show to start at 8.

It started to rain, which fucking sucked since I didn't have a coat (rain here is like mist) so we went to a bar called Clooney's.  It was a shitty sports bar with cheap drinks.  I opted to have a Shirley Temple because I didn't want to end up drinking too much.   Ha. Just wait.

The bar was boring, the gallery we went to was boring and we were hungry so we got tacos at a place around the corner.

Here is where it starts to get good.

Benji knows a guy named Matt who is a Green Peace activist.  They just made a movie about the WTO protests in Seattle so a huge party was thrown for the activists.  Matt was our in.  We got to the Weston Hotel, (we meaning everyone I have been hanging out with since I got here, except Nick and Constance) and there was tons of free drinks and food. The DJ was mixing Obama speeches to music.  It was weird.  I had a few glasses of wine, ate a little and danced.  I was somewhat drunk, called Jake, texted Ian and then got dragged to an after party in one of the suits. I continued to drink upstairs with 40 people in a hotel room.  

Security eventually came and kicked everyone out.  For whatever reason, we stayed. (Mind you I was pretty trashed at the point and I don't know all the details from here on out).  Clark immediately freaked out and threw a whole beer at the wall and started screaming "I'm going fucking nuts right now!"  I laughed and from there I think I called Jake again.  Big mistake (I'm sorry, again).  

I think is the point where we started stealing shit from the room.  Benji had taken a shower and was in nothing but a robe and Ken was in the shower.  Miki and I just sat there laughing hysterically.  Some woman came in screaming and yelling about the trashed room and made a big scene.  Then suddenly she was gone. I don't know how they got rid of her.  

Lots of craziness ensues.  Clark is stealing everything he can see, I'm laughing and about the piss myself.  It was silliness.  We had to leave that room, and ended up in the lobby.  Then trying to get into a new room... I'm not sure.  I yelled at some guy about him making fun of my laugh and got really agro with another for touching Miki.  More craziness happens. Benji is trying to get Clark to cooperate, since he has lost his mind, and I, of course, am still laughing. 

I ended up returning all of the stolen items to the front desk.  I think I gave them the wrong room number.  

I finally start taking the situation seriously and all I knew was that I needed to get a cab home.  I was chasing Benji and Clark around the hotel, they still wanted to try to get back into a room. 

I think I finally called Abe and had him tell me how to get them together and how to get home.  
We finally caught a cab!  It was about 3am.  The details are very fuzzy.  

When we finally got to the house, Abe made Spanish rice so we could all sober up and put Boys in the Hood on.  Kyle was at the house and more out of his mind drunk than all of us put together. He had smeared fake blood all over himself, cut his eye somehow and his poor girl friends was almost in tears.

In the end everyone else passed out.  I stayed up with Abe and watched the movie.  I think I finally went to bed around 6:30am.

It was an eventful evening, to say the least.

sigh.


Saturday, September 20th

I spent most of my day hung over and wondering exactly what the hell happened last night.  Kyle was still drunk when we got up and was watching ET on two TVs at once.  

Benji and I couldn't take it, so we walked down to Love and Haight for sandwiches.  After food we went to Deboce Park for a while.  

There was a BBQ in Oakland and Abe's band was playing so we decided to head out that way.  Bridez was amazing. I really like their stuff.  The party/BBQ was like a scene out of That 70's Show.  Tons of hipsters in bad clothes, listening to weird 70's music.  It was a pretty shitty time until Bridez played.  Once they were done, we all left.  I'm back at the Huffin House, its the amazing loft space in Oakland where Andreus lives.  All in all it was a decent day.  A much needed mellow day after last night.

We may go out to some hot tub later but I don't think that's actually going to happen. 

Anyway.  That's my life.  
Strange. Shitty. Fun. Exciting. 
Fish Fun.

1 comment:

jill said...

wet hot american summer! filmed at my summer camp. which makes for a really weird movie time when i watch it.

i'm happy you're having fun and really jealous because you aren't missing anything here. ha