Friday, September 26, 2008

Feeling Random and Boring

Not much has happened since I last updated this but I thought I would fill it in anyway, so I dont get too far behind.

Sunday, September 21st

I finally found a bike to ride, thanks to Andreas and his roommates. It was this rediculous old Fuji frame with cruiser handle bars and a five inch stem. It was really silly to ride but it got the job done and thats the important part!

We got up and made the best tofu scramble ever! It helps that the store we went to was amazingly cheap, everything for breakfast cost $7 and it fed five of us. We ate and cleaned up and then headed into the city.

It was so nice to be on a bike again. I didnt realize how much I missed it! Poor Andreas crashed, which lead to a pile up with the bikes, but he is ok. Just a few scrapes. We ended up meeting up with this kid Mike (he is an older Mash kid, but actually know how to ride his bike. Amazing) and he took us through Golden Gate Park to the Sutro Baths. We all watched the sunset and ate sandwiches and froze. I loved it.

We rode around some more and then Benji, Andreas and I went back to the Dude Cave. The Simpsons were on and we got sucked into watching for an hour. That is exactly what the cave will do to you. Your going along, having a great productive, exciting day, and then the Cave won't let you go.

Bridez was playing again so we headed to the Knockout for the show. It ended up costing too much because they played with Gravey Train so we hung out outside of the venue and talked to people before catching BART back to Oakland.




Monday, September 22nd


Monday was a strange day. Benji was leaving that day to go home to Seattle so we wanted to have breakfast together. Andreas took us to Mama's, which is a generic diner with a few vegan options. It was good greasy food. My favorite. After food, Benji and I went over to Sam's house. He needed to pick up some things before his flight but when we got there, she wasnt home.

It was kind of funny watching Benji try to get into the house. I was just sitting there, sweating because it was so hot and calling her phone over and over again. She never answered.

She did finally come home and I ended up spending all day with her. I didnt like her much the first day I met her but there is nothing surprising about that. And, as it turns out, she's not so bad! (Jack Samuel aparently knows her from Spain)
We sat on the roof and talked about straight edge, sex work and a number of other things.

I eventually made my way back to the city where I stayed at the Dude Cave and yet again, stayed up way too late watching Lethal Weapon, Dumb and Dumber and Bloodsport.




Tuesday, September 23rd

I spent most of the day sleeping, like an idiot. What a waste of a trip. I spend most of my time watching movies and sleeping late. Booo! Anyway, after sleeping until 2:30 in the afternoon I got up to sit in the living room of the cave to talk with Kyle and watch more movies.

After a few more hours of amazing productivity, I finally made my way down to a local tattoo shop, which is aparently well known. They were closed and I was bummed. On the up side, I probably shouldnt be getting tattooed (Im still going to...).
I walked a long distance to meet up with my new friend Sam (this one is a boy and the girl Sam's roommate). We hung out in front of Whole Foods with two of his friends while they were all on lunch. I think the friends names were Jon and DJ, but dont quote me on that.

Eventually they had to go back to work, so I wandered around the Mission for a while. As a side note, y'all should look up SF news and read about the aparent five murders in five days. Not to mention the shootings infront of Jack's Bar. I quess this is a violent city...?

My night ended with me drinking way too much tea at a coffee shop that's open late. I text Jake a whole bunch and read my book before once again heading back to the cave.

What an exciting life I am leading. Every time I tell someone about my plans for the coming months, they get all excited. But to be completely honest, I find all of this tiring. I get stressed out, homesick and lonely. I am by no means considering coming home, I am just having a rough time dealing with all of it without crying.




Wednesday, September 24th

I had a doctor appointment in the morning. I really hate going to the doctor, especially now. The treatment I am getting is really painful. Its helping but it just sucks to have to get up so early to get all the way across town to have some guy push on my muscles and make me hurt. Next week is the last time I will have two sessions a week though. Its not so bad.

Then its down to The Mission for work! My job is alright. It really just boring more than anything else. I spend most of my days reading, playing solitare or chess and watching the people outside. I shouldnt complain. I know a lot of people here who cant find jobs and they live here!

After work, picked up my bike from REI and called this guy Joe. He is a friend of Jill's and while he is kind of weird, I am finding that he is a good friend to have on your side. I called him to ask if I could stay at his house for the night. (I think the Dude Cave is great but I have been there a lot and they aren't always my cup of tea). Joe's house and roommates are wonderful. They were warm and inviting to the point of telling me I could stay there as much as I wanted until the 15th. I have accepted as I will have a key to thier house and be able to use the kitch to cook (this has not been an option until now). This means I can eat more vegetables and come home late if needed!

Joe is a silly guy and I think most people dont like him at first. He can be a little hard to handle at first but through his offensive humor and somewhat bro mentality, he is the kind of guy that would give you the shirt off his back if you asked nicely.
His roommates are great too! They are a bunch of mildly radical lesbian women! Some are messengers in the city, Liz is a full time grad student studying human sexuality (so those of you who know me best, know that Liz and I can talk for hours!!) and the rest are just plain interesting people!




Thursday, September 25th

I had breakfast with the roommates at the Hampshire house (this is how I will refer to the lesbian/Joe's house) and then left for work, on my bike! Its so nice to have a bike in this city. Beleive it or not, you can avoid the hills more so here than in Portland! I feel like I am getting to know the city better with a bike too!

I was starving after work and went to the Hampshire house to make food. I am a terrible cook and ate rice with plain tempeh and greens for dinner. Boy Sam called and wanted to meet for coffee since he was staying in the city for the night. By the time I got to the cafe, it was closing so we just walked around The Mission and he let me vent about being away from my partner and how flaky people in this city are. It was nice. I ended up never getting that coffee. :(

On the way back to the Dude Cave I ran into this kid Will. He is Abe's band mate from Bridez. I really like him! He is always filled with so much enthusiasm that you cant help but feel good around him. Even when he says he is having a bad day, he is smiling and exagerated and wonderful. I wish I could be him sometimes.

I got back to the Dude Cave late and instead of going to bed like I should have, I stayed up until 3am watching 3:15 (I highly recommend it. It has Animal Mother from Full Metal Jacket in it!) and Freddy Kruger movies. I am a wuss and had a hard time sleeping....





On a side note: The boutique I work in is connected to St Francais Creamery (its an old diner) so I smell cheese all day. Not bad cheese but really good, melty cheese. I want it. It makes me hungry all day.

No comments: