Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Bad Food and Listening to Hardcore?

Monday, September 29th

It was a pretty boring day. I went to the doctor and did laundry and went to the bank. Doing laundry was a pretty funny sight. I haven't ever done my laundry in a public place before and my impression is that people just go there to pick up on each other. Its like the bar but for finding nice, clean boys and girls. I laughed my ass off the whole time I was there.

I had to hang out in my American Apparel shorts, they are really, really short, and a tee-shirt with no bra for an hour and a half while everyone around me danced and did some weird mating ritual. I just read my book and kept to myself as much as possible!

I keep going to this tattoo shop in the city to see if they have a spot open but they never seem to be open. I was pretty bummed when I had walked 14 blocks to find they were closed again. At least I had the chance to talk to Jill for a while. It was nice to hear from her.

I actually did laundry twice on Monday! I took BART to Oakland to meet Ken and he ended up needing to do laundry too. I sat with him while his clothes washed... Some little girl opened up the washer he was using during the wash cycle. I think it was one of the funniest things I have seen in a while. She was so bewildered when all the water spilled out onto her feet! I had to laugh!

So that was pretty much my day. We went back to the house and hung out and listened to hardcore/metal and talked about womens exclusive nights. It was so punk.



Tuesday, September 30th

I spent my morning in a very strange, unlike me, kind of way. Its actually really funny to picture.

Me sitting on a crummy twin mattress in the corner, on the floor. Clothes, books, garbage everywhere (this is Sam the boys room, btw) and me reading Cog Magazine with Modern Life is War blasting from the record player in the corner. Yesterdays makeup still smeared under my eyes and an old stretched out black Minor Threat tee-shirt on. I ate oatmeal and changed the record to Gorilla Biscuits while I showered. Who am I? I hate that crap! Well, I guess not anymore.

Actually, I have really enjoyed some hardcore the past week or so. At first I was just drunk and didn't mind. I wasn't getting all agro like I usually do, but then again, I am really docile when I have been drinking. But now its kind of fun and silly. What can I say, I think I am finally at a place in life where I am much more open to new things. (How else would you explain it?)

It was a good way to start the day. Sam the girl and I rode our bikes out to Berkley so she could flirt with some boy and I could have my implant put back in. I ended up buying a flannel button up shirt, because its cold here at night, that we are going to take in and make all girly. I am turning into a hipster...I know. Hardcore, flannel, Cog Magazine, Delores Park and PBR. Its a downward spiral I am on.

The guy who put my implant back in is named Nathan. This is, hopefully, a better Nathan. He knows Jon from Robot and Autumn, the two people I will usually let pierce me. He was quick and gentile and we may hangout before my time here is up, but I'm not sure.

Berkley sucks. I don't like it at all. College kids should just go kill themselves now and the crusty traveler punk kids are even worse.

Sam and I went to a fast food place that has a bunch of vegan stuff. It was awful. There is a reason I quit eating that shit. It was good in the sense that it tasted good but I immediately felt like crap after eating it. Burgers and fries are not healthy! I don't care if its vegan. Its bad for you!!

We sat in People's Park for a few hours. I guess that is supposed to be an historic park. It was filled with a bunch of gross hippy travelers and homeless folks. Homeless people are fine with me, just not when they want to harass me!

Do you know what time it is? Its time for world peace.

Doesn't that get old? Don't you think people are tired of hearing that? We all know its time for world peace!! Its just not going to happen!

Sorry. That is my only complaint about the bay. Everyone is a fucking tree hugging, drug addict that wants to hug it out to save the world. I'm good, thanks. Ill pass on getting scabies and letting you feel me up.

After all of that we left Berkley and went back to Sam's. I ate more crap and she changed for the gym. We talked about boys and getting the courage to ask people out and things of that nature. I am pretty forward, so I am terrible at giving advice about that.

I came back to the city where I walked around the Mission and talked on the phone. Ian and I talked for quite a while and it felt good to hear his voice. We both did some venting and I found it to be very therapeutic. Fox came home with tons of bread and croissants from the bread dumpster down the street. I ate the hell out of some freegan croissants!!!

I ate a lot of shitty food today! I need some veggies....

I did eat some quinoa and beans that Liz made. They were amazing! But thats still not a leafy green.

Tomorrow I work all day. It will be fun. I am looking forward to lunch since I have a zine that is all about Vegan and Vegetarian places to eat in the Bay Area!!! Mmm...vegan tacos.

1 comment:

jill said...

nice to hear your voice!

see...i do read the blog.