Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Busy Busy Busy Little Bee....

To start, lets talk about my finger! I thought it was starting to get better but now it looks like the chunk that was cut off is not going to reatach. the guys have taken to calling me blueberry finger because it looks like an old rotting blueberry on the tip of my finger. Lovely, I know. Someone brought up the fact that it would be kind of cool because Id lose the feeling and could do rad stuff with it. Looking on the bright side of things is good. It doesnt hurt at all anymore unless i really push on it or something.

The guys will be coming with me to Bordeaux on Friday. I am excited to get to a new place and to meet new people but a little sad to leave too. we spent hours taking funny pictures the other night. I dont know why they are all in black and white but they turned out well. I have spent so much time with all of them that i feel like I have three french brothers looking after me all the time. They have gotten better about not being too protective so I dont feel so much like a child.

Charlotte and I have been spending a lot of time together the last few days. She is a wonderful girl to just talk to and eat pancakes with! There is another girl here who is trying to find a place to stay in SF this spring so if you know of a place or want to trade with her for a place in Paris, let me know and I can put you in contact with her. Its strange to get along so well with a large group of girls but its refreshing at the same time.

My lessons in french are continuing. I still read childrens books constantly, with a dictionary, but i think i have made a lot of improvements! I can sometimes pick up on conversations and i can occasionally ask for something or respond but thats about it. I had great fun last night at the dinner party talking to so mandy different people and learning new little phrases from them!

Speaking of the party last night: it was lovely! I was very shy at the beginning because Im the only person to not speak french but most people were very nice and helped me once they knew I was trying. The girls managed to get me to wear a dress and stockings for the party! I would have stayed in the dress but changed after a few hours because I was freezing.
I met a wonderful girl, Claudia, at the party. We spent the better half of the party talking about racism and politics. It was great to have someone to talk to about serious issues again. I feel a little alone when it comes to 'serious' talk. Its hard to discuss that sort of thing with the language barrier. Anyway, Charlotte's party was a success! we all ate too much and drank just enough and laughed all night!!!

If you cant tell i am very excited right now and im having trouble focusing. Sorry.

I finally got new pants yesterday. It was way past due. I dont like the new ones as much but the are pants and thats whats important. Now I just need to find new shoes. Easier said than done.


Im having a really hard time focusing right now so Ill have to leave it at that.

No comments: