Friday, April 24, 2009

Change of Plans...again

So I could see it coming from a mile away but still got my hopes up anyway.

Charlotte has backed out of the trip and will not be joining me for Turkey and India. Im kind of bummed about it since I wont have a travel buddy after all but Ill see Jake and Alex in India in a few months.

Char has made the decision that is best for her right now. I have my own opinions about all of this but then again I always do. Either way, its better that she does what she wants and is comfortable with and says it now rather than being pressured into something and backing out later.

But I suppose thats what I get.

I will say that this is why I dont have many lady friends (sorry girls). This is going to sound extreamly sexist but in my experience it's true. When a guy says yes, he means yes. And when he says no, he means no. There is rarely any complication in that. Men are taught to say what they mean and to stick by it. I can respect that.

There are exceptions but I find that with women, feelings always complicate things. Its like all women over think everything and constantly second guess themselves and their decisions. They can never seem to do things just for the sake of doing it and are constantly looking for validation from others. Maybe its their friends or boy friends or family or whatever. Its lame and Im tired of trying to be nice and PC about all of it. Ladies! For the lack of a better phrase: Grow a pair!

Im not angry with Charlotte. I am angry at the patterns I find in female behavior.

Im just tired of being alone all the time. I like my own company but after almost 8 months of my company, Im a little bored.

Traveling alone is great. I love it. I would never want a travel partner for more than a few weeks or months at a time but it gets a little lonely after a while. Constantly meeting new people quickly looses its appeal because the conversations are always the same.

Anyway. So thats that.

On another subject many people have been asking me about my plans and when Im "coming home." So here is my loose plan or schedule or whatever....

*April 24th - May 2nd ish:
Prague and part of Czech

Id like to stop in Albania for a few days before Turkey but Im not sure

*May 6th ish- June 15th:
Turkey

*June 15th- August 31st:
India, Nepal, Bangladesh
There is a possiblity of heading to Thailand in this time but it depends on Jake... kind of.

*September 1st- November 30th:
Myanmar, Thailand, Laos, Vietnam, Cambodia, Malaysia, Indonesia, etc.

The loose plan is to get to Australia in December to work for the summer there. Id like to make some money and then next spring head back to Europe.

There is a possibility of going through China, Mongolia and Russia on the train or back through southern Asia the way I came. I may just fly back to Europe from there if I have the cash and dont feel like more epic journies, although, that is extreamly unlikely.

Id like to spend next summer, yeah, summer 2010, in Europe getting settled and starting on paperwork and language and everything else.

Hopefully in September or October 2010 I can take a month to go back to the states to see everyone. Id like to start on the East Coast and then fly to San Francisco before getting to Portland.

Then Id come back to France or Spain or somewhere to live.

This is all a very long way off and can change yet again (obviously).

Its crazy to think that if I follow this plan I will be 24 by the time I get back to the states. Thats the age when you have to start thinking about being a grown up and shit! Eeeekkkk!