Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Grilled Cheese and boring details...

Sunday, October 5th

Sunday did not turn out the way I had expected. I went to make cookies. The oven was broken so I couldn't. Bummer. I went to the store anyway and ended up getting a lot of really yummy healthy food. But instead of eating that when I got home, I made vegan grilled cheese sandwiches and listened to the second half of the Big Broadcast. It was a nice change of pace! Fox listened with me for a while and we talked about all sorts of things when it was over. I made him grilled cheese and ate another one while we hung out.

Sam and I had agreed to meet up when she got off of work to go dumpstering. This city is the best for it!!! We went to a bread dumpster that is only a block away from the Hampshire house. Rainbow Grocery is the best for produce and vegan/vegetarian goods. We got three blocks of tofu, salsa, veggies, fruit.... It was amazing!!





When I got back to the house I ate yet another grilled cheese sandwich with Fox. We talked some more and then went to bed.

**Note on Fox: This guy is one of the most amazing individuals I have met thus far! He is totally socially awkward and really into some fake hate. Under other circumstances, I would not like this in someone. Fox on the other hand has a strangely comforting presence. Liz agrees with me. He is great.




Monday, October 6th


When I got up I talked with Joe for a while. Its funny that I pretty much live with him and see him the least. We talked about my crazy weekend and silly adventures and things of that nature. I think Joe is one of the craziest people I have ever met. Ever.

I biked up to my doctors appointment and ended up being half an hour early. I talked to Jake in that time and wandered around Balboa (I think thats what the neighborhood is called...). My session was really intense and we are back to two a week because my body sucks and wont heal. Rad.

I also bought a new phone that day. So now you can all call and text me again if you'd like!

I made my way to China Town. I think I am the only person in the city that likes China Town. I mean other than the Chinese folk and the tourists. I wandered around, ate vegetable hum bow. If your ever here and want really good, cheap hum bow, go to a place called Moon Cake Bakery. They are AMAZING!!! Hum bow is only 65 cents a roll. They make outrageous claims about being the first Chinese bakery, being the best and only. "we are the first, only, original, Chinese bakery!" They even have pictures of Bill Clinton on the wall. I also like China Town because its filled with crazy shit. Who can argue with insane toys and fireworks?

I lost my glasses in the park up there and didn't realize until I was miles away. I had to walk all the way back. They were sitting in the grass in the park. It was really luck that I found them at all.

All that walking put me in a bad mood so I went to Rainbow and got a bunch of shitty baked goods to pig out on.


The ladies at the Hampshire house were having a potluck when I got home. I was grumpy but eventually came around. Lucky timing too. I was just in time to see Emma, Becky, Liz and Tavi get into a food fight with pie. Great! They were covered in it!

They all showered together and made a mess of the bathroom. I really like it here.



Tuesday, October 7th

I got up and made the best Tofu scramble ever!!! Brussel sprouts, vegan cheese, broccoli, chard, carrots, onion...

I ate with Liz and we talked about sex industries, I seem to have this conversation a lot (wait, I think I said that before), Fox and the craziness last night!

Liz is also amazing. I am just going to go with all women with the name Elizabeth are great. I have yet to meet a bad one. My grandmother is named Elizabeth and she is one of the most wonderful people I have ever known. My friend Elizabeth is also an amazing person. Liz is great though. We are going to go to the LustyLady together before I leave!

I finally went to MoMa. It was underwhelming (can you ever just be whelmed...? I think you can in Europe). Most floors were closed but the ones that were open were great.
Sam was having a bad day so we bussed to Maggie Mudd's for ice cream!

That waffle Sunday you should see below is a picture of it!! marshmallow topping, sprinkles, nuts, a cherry. Your all so jealous right now!

3 comments:

What a babe that boy is. said...

thanks for the 10things reference.

missin' you LDO.
you sound like fun.

elizabeth brunner said...

I'm just going to pretend that the Elizabeth you called out as awesome is me and be really flattered. If it wasn't actually me...please just let me pretend. Your adventures sound epic and I enjoy reading about them.

enjoy yourself!

Elizabeth

Justine said...

Yes, Elizabeth, the other one is you. Im glad you like reading about my craziness!

I should see you soon!