Thursday, October 16, 2008

Saturday, October 11th.


I sat around all day! I wasted almost the entire day doing absolutely nothing! I read a ton, did some dishes and snacked until almost 5pm.

There is something about spending a day at home that makes me feel very comfortable in the city. It was like a day of really living here. I spend so much time going out and doing things that it still feels very much like vacation. But spending the whole day just hanging out gave me the feeling of really living in a place. It was something I would do at home. This is beginning to feel like a home to me now.

Around 5pm I decided sitting around all day was for losers and since I had had a terrible night before (its really personal, and I don't want to put it in this...) I made my way out to Oakland to meet Ken. He always has a way of making me feel great. I could be feeling good but if I hangout with him, I feel great!

We sat around for 5hours at his house but I felt better about doing it there, I suppose because I was finally with other people. I ate left over tofu scramble and cookie dough ice cream and went home. I ended up staying up until 3am playing on the computer and trying to forget my troubles.

It was a good day lost in an air of green, moody funk.




Sunday, October 12th.

I did some more hanging out at home. I talked to my mom, it was her birthday, did laundry and went grocery shopping. It was beautiful out and one of the first days it was warm enough to wear my shorts. I still have legs. I almost forgot.




Monday, October 13th.

I seem to be getting up really early lately. It doesn't matter how late I go to bed, I am up and busying myself by 9am almost every day. I like the feeling of getting up early. My days seem fuller. That could be because I stay up until 1 or 2am and only get a few hours of sleep but what the hell...I'm young. Ill sleep when I am dead, right?

By 11am I had already had breakfast, hung out with house mates and cleaned the kitchen, I went to a doctors appointment and back and read another chapter of my book.

The book I am/was reading is called Indecent. Its a strippers tale of the sex industry. I have to say, I didn't like it at all. I stuck through it to the end but I couldn't get into how angry, hateful and miserable she always seemed to be. I like the industry. It has its drawbacks, of course, but you should at least like it if your going to do it for a decade of you life.

When I got back to the house, I hung out with Liz some more. We always have great discussions about sex work, relationships, school, life, everything. We make a great team at talking....

At 5:30 I had an audition to go to in North Beach. Fox had mentioned wanting to come meet me after and we decided on Chinese food. But when I finished and called him, he was being crazy, as usual, and couldn't come meet me. He was ranting about the crazy people in SF and how he was happy I liked it here but that I should know about all the crazies.

I got back to The Mission to meet up with Fox. He was still being crazy when I got back to the house but it was easier to deal with in person versus the phone. We decided to make apple pie with the evening. I ended up staying up until 2am waiting to take the pie out. Why does this always happen?




Tuesday, October 14th.

Mmmm!! Pie For Breakfast! The way it should be! I love having a house full of wonderful people wake up to pie. I feel like you just cant go wrong with pie. Its like edible love.

I spent the morning on the porch with Mattchoo (Matt). He is one of Jill's friends from Portland. I met him once or twice before I left. We talked about all sorts of things while he drank a tall can of Budweiser at 10am. I loved it. Couriers drink a lot, especially these kids.

I had a tattoo appointment in Oakland that day. I got stuck in the tunnel on BART on the way out there. It was really shitty and I felt claustrophobic trapped underground in a fucking metal worm.

When I got to the shop, they weren't prepared at all. A miscommunication. I had to find pictures of garlic to have him go off of . I finally got things together and we started. As I have stated before, people need to stop whining about how much tattoos hurt. Maybe I really am a pit-bull (long story if you dont get the reference). If it hurts that bad, stop getting tattooed. Anyway, I got a bulb of garlic tattooed on the top of my left foot. Its black and gray and I love it. I will post some pictures once it had healed a bit and isn't as dark.

I met Sam the girl for lunch at an Indian place in Berkley. I hate Berkley so much. It took what felt like forever for her to get there, I was just tired. We ate and I had to rush back to the city to make it for a training ride that way planned. I had myself so psyched up about this 40 mile ride and when I got to the house, it had been canceled. (The ride was going to be just over 40 miles from home to home. It was going to be five couriers, me and another guy who has done the ride a few times. Two of the couriers just took first and second in some big alleycat in the city. Something like 250 riders. And got the same two spots in another alleycat in Portland last weekend).

I ended up just reading for a long while and hanging out with Fox. We had a really intense discussion about, yes, yet again, sex work. Liz joined in and gave it a whole new dimension. It was a really good night.




Wednesday, October 15th.

I got up early and for some reason, felt compelled to make pancakes for the guys. Joe, Fox and Matt all sat at the table with me before work and we talked about bikes. I like bro time. I would rather spend a day with a bunch of nasty, drunken messengers than with a group of women any day. I can handle one or two ladies at at time but I will bro down for hours if I can.

At 11 I had to head to my last day of work at the lingerie shop. Ramon had gotten me a donut and coffee as a going away gift. It was really sweet. I drank the coffee and saved the donut.

Sam the boy stopped by for a minute. He hurt his knee recently and has been bummed out since. I don't blame him. We fucked around and made fun of people who walked by and then he had to go. I went back to my reading.

Fox came by and we went to the park for my lunch break. I had tried to give Sam the donut but he wouldn't take it because it wasn't vegan. I gave it to Fox instead. I don't know why I didn't think about food on my break, but I didn't. We sat in the park and he tried to make plans for his birthday.

I went back to work and finished my book. By the time I got off, I was so hungry I felt like shit and wanted to eat anything. I made the poor mans meal of rice and beans with a little tempeh. Once I ate, I felt a million times better. I started reading some of Hemingway's short stories but was interrupted by Katie's invitation to go to The Uptown with her. We went, I drank two beers and met some of her friends. It was amazing to see myself so sociable.

It was all I needed to snap myself out of my funk. We went home. I read some more drank this weird concoction of water, apple cider vinegar and honey. Its supposed to rehydrate you quickly. It actually not that bad. I thought it would be terrible but it wasn't at all. I read for some hours and finally went to bed at 2:30.




I will have pictures of my foot soon. Dont get your panties in a bunch.

No comments: