Friday, October 10, 2008

No One Belongs Here More Than You

Wednesday, October 8th.

Mornings in the Hampshire House are great. Everyone is usually around making breakfast together and getting ready for the day. I enjoy starting my days with a group of people who all really love each other. They smile and laugh and argue and make plans for the evening. If I ever live in a group house again, I want it to be like this one. I brought up the idea of bubble prints to people but Fox was the only one that would be around. We agreed that we would meet at the house around 8pm and be creative together.

Then I went to work.

At work I made the random decision to find out if my father is still alive and to see if I can find him. Many of you know that my Dad died a few years ago. My biological father is still alive somewhere, probably LA, and I intend to find him. Im not really sure what this will accomplish but I figure its worth a shot and I dont want to wait too long and always wonder about it later. So while at work I called my mom. I got Mark's information and called the social security offices. No luck. I will have to try again later.

I really have no idea where I got the notion to find this guy from. Its not like we will have anything to offer one another. I will get no closure or reassurance from this interaction. He will most likely be some crazy living on the street with no idea who he is, let alone who I am. Its a weird feeling seeking out this stranger I am connected to.


When I got home from work, Fox was already there. We worked on bubble prints for awhile but it wasn't working so we just started fucking with the paints. We ended up making some really amazing prints. I was extremely pleased with the outcome and we agreed to do a craft night again before I leave.

Our craft night was followed up with dinner and clean up. I made dinner and Fox cleaned up.

On a side note: Surprisingly enough, I have been doing some serious cooking. I have made a meal a day for the last week and they have all turned out relatively well. So maybe I am not such a bad cook after all....

To end the night, we decided to pop Fox's "Dirty Dancing cherry." He had never seen it before and Liz and I got so excited at the idea of watching it, it was on before Fox could protest.



Thursday, October 9th

My day at work was both weird and productive. I started a short story, read a lot of my book and encountered some interesting characters.

When I got home I talked with Tavi for a bit. She was heading out for the night and I didnt feel like sitting around by myself so I went to the store. I like going to the store here because I dont have to pay for much and I get to see some friends. I can hang out and talk shit for a while and its not all weird.

I made cookie dough when I got home and listened to stripper music. They don't have a mixer so I did all of it by hand with a spoon. Its a lot of work. The oven is still broken so I didnt bake them. Instead, I formed little cookie dough balls and put them in the freezer.

I think I accidentally ate ground turkey. I was so hungry after cookies that I didnt feel like making a whole dinner. Leftovers are up for grabs here and I was told the rice was vegan. I got all the way through it and on the last bite I realized what I was eating. I was so hungry, I hadn't noticed until then. I felt sick and disappointed.

Fox got home before anyone else and we hung out. I told him about the turkey and the cookie dough. He made fun of me for eating meat and claimed the cookies for himself by hiding them in the back of the freezer.

Tavi came home drunk and cute and Fox and I took care of her until she went to bed.



Friday, October 10th.

I went to a doctors appointment today. We decided I will need treatment in other cities at least for few weeks. It was shitty to hear. My sessions have gone back to being pretty painful like when we started. If this doesn't fix itself soon I might freak out.

I ran into, you guessed it, Fox on the way back to The Mission. He was on his way to deliver a package to Macy's and was going to kill time by wandering around. I passed on the chance to follow a real courier through the city and went home.

Getting up early is really great sometimes. By 10am I had made breakfast, rode across town and back, been to Dr. appointments, and a slough of other things. The hard part is actually dragging my ass out of bed after only four or five hours of sleep.

I finished my book at work before lunch. No One Belongs Here More Than You. Read it. Its short stories by Miranda July. I really liked it. At lunch I walked home and traded it for another book that is just as entertaining.

I was really pumped when I got home today! I was exploding with energy. I made more cookie dough and hung out with Wendy, John, Tavi and Becky. We all ate way too much cookie dough and felt wonderfully sick.


The house is pretty much empty now. Fox and Joe are in Portland for the weekend. Liz went to Fresno with Ryan. Wendy is rarely home and Katie went out drinking. Its nice to have a moment to rest. Friday nights have been really crazy the past few weeks.

No comments: