Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Missing Pants, Getting Dumped, Too Much Ice Cream

Saturday, October 25th

Fox did laundry the night before. My pants were in the wash but in the morning when I went to put my stuff in my bag they were still wet. We put them back in the dryer.
After a few hours I needed to go and seemed to forget my pants. It was warm so I wore shorts and didn't think twice about it.

I met up with Sam the girl to hangout and say goodbye before she went back to Seattle. I ate the best burrito of my life, this is one that could make me change my mind on Mexican food, at Delores Park with Sam and her friends. It was all fine and dandy but as it got dark it started to get cold. I was calling around for my pants but no one would answer or knew where they were!

I decided to go with Sam and Ken to the top of Bernal Heights for ice cream at Maggie Mudd's. The climb kept my legs warm and it was rather enjoyable. I like climbing hills more at night. It sounds stupid but its true.

After ice cream, I got a call from Liz inviting me to some parties. I rode to her house and hung out. We drank expensive whiskey and sat around. I decided to go find my pants at Dave's if we were going to be out all night.

When I got there, my pants were still no where to be found. Fuck, Fuck, Fuck!

I just want my pants. What a silly thing to loose too. Who does that?

After an hour of sitting and searching at Dave's I got frustrated and skipped the party to go home.



Sunday, October 26th.

I woke up to go on Fox's birthday walk but I couldn't get a hold of him and wasn't about to wear a skirt across town to not go.

Dave finally called and said he had my pants. They were at the house the whole time but Fox had gotten stoned and accidentally hid them. Cool. I rode as fast as I could to get them and start my day. It was chilly out and I get cold easily.

When I got to the house, Fox was there with my pants. He wouldn't let me go inside to change into them. Jerk. Then it began.

I got dumped. Like Friend Dumped. It was lame. I thought I had made a friend. We hung out a lot and had good times. But apparently he doesn't even like me as a person. He was just attracted to me and it would be dishonest to continue a friendship. Fair enough. At least it was honest. I was just confused because Fox has a way of talking in circles and saying two opposite things at once.

What eves. I was somewhat insulted and frustrated when I left but after thinking about it I realized I have dealt with some shit in my life. This is a tiny bump in the road compared to the devastating news I have heard in the last few years. I was bummed but only for a little while. I will admit I am still confused.

I have never been dumped. By a boyfriend or otherwise. I have always been the dumper and I have to say, having someone tell you they don't like you, for whatever reason and whatever relationship, sucks. Its rough to hear when you thought you were friends. I have a lot more empathy for the people I have dumped now. I am sure the feelings I was experiencing are nothing compared to a girlfriend coming home and saying you suck and she is leaving. I have been an ass hole. I had it coming.

I rode back up to Bernal Heights for ice cream because that always makes me feel better. I ate another Mini Waffle. Sooo Goood! I talked to Jake for a long while and he made me feel better too.

Walking around The Mission, I decided to go get coffee and read at Philz. I ended up drinking tea and sewing hearts onto my sweater. It was an extremely soothing task. Like meditation but I can actually do it because I don't feel unproductive.

After all of that, I went to Whole Foods. I needed to pick up some antibacterial ointment because the cut on my hand is infected.
I thought it was getting better but I woke up with it all crusty with bright yellow puss. It was also really red and swollen. I could pop it like a zit. Gross.

I ran into PJ at the store and we sat around and talked while he was on his break.



Monday, October 27th.

Oh Yay! My first day at The Gold Club!
I thought it was going to be great.... No. It was a really slow day. Its not a stage club and I was "the tattooed girl." It will take a little adjustment. I work again on Thursday and Friday. Then I leave town, so I better make a few hundred both days to make it worth my time.

It was a long day. I had forgotten how much energy it takes to work all day at the club. It was nice to be back to it but still stressful for my body.

That was pretty much my day. I talked to Phil on the phone and stole jelly beans from whole foods.

At like 10:30 I went to PJ's house, officially called "The Dude Mansion." We drank pumpkin beer and I met his roommates and that was the night. We just listened to records and swapped stories. His roomies are crazy, but I like them.

I was exhausted from work so I went home early and slept hard.

1 comment:

xBWRNWx said...

"it was so warm so i wore shorts and didn't think twice about it." you bastard! its so durn cold here, I've been getting wood for the house to have fires. That's so fucking obnoxious about that kid 'dumping' you. I'm pissed and I wasn't even there. Also, dang the Jake i know is always telling me about how good maggie mudds is, so jealous! I'm really glad you're having such a good time in California. hella.