Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Birthday!

Yay! I love birthdays! I always have. I feel like there is something magical about them. I try to make other peoples birthdays feel special because I like the same in return. This year, some amazing people who barely know me, or just met me yesterday, made my birthday excellent! I couldn't have asked for more from these people!

I made myself a birthday cake last night! I was worried about how it would come out since i didn't measure anything, but it was fantastic! I'm going to try the recipe again at some point and change a few things, yet again, but I am very pleased with the out come! Its not exactly a traditional cake.... Im also pleased to have birthday cake, even if I made it for myself!




I started the day with an American style breakfast! Haha! I miss pancakes and potatoes! I made enough for everyone and we had a little party on the balcony! We all goofed around and talked about how bad American food is for you and had a great time! I really enjoy Ute and Alex. They are great as roommates and I like having them around.

Alex even played Happy Birthday on the French horn for me this morning!










Ute and Tom even brought me gifts which I thought was way too kind! Ute gave me some fancy German chocolate, a book, a giant heart sucker, a beautiful postcard and the biggest hug ever! And Tom and Lubich brought me a box with tea, candies, hot peppers, beer, a Czech juice that is half mint and half apple, and vegetables! So rad!

I spent a better part of the day after breakfast running around the city with them. We went to a warehouse workshop party where I met a few really great DIY kids and learned how to screen print (finally). I didn't have anything with me so I just used my purple hoodie! Now I have a naked woman tied and gagged on the back of my sweater! I really like it and think it looks hot but I don't know how people are going to react to it. Oh well.




After all of that we just went to a park and watched the sun set over the city. Quite a beautiful way to end a birthday. Ive eaten too much cake since I got home and should be going to bed but whateves.

Other than all of that, I had a few random thoughts today. The first is the most random and I cant figure out what my problem is.

So, at the party today, I was talking to a guy about tattoos. He was admiring my arm and was asking if I had more...whatever, typical small talk. But at some point I started talking about my 'latest ink' (hahahhaha. I sound like douche!)

I found myself having a hard time saying the word 'thighs.' It felt like dirty word and I kept thinking it was inappropriate. WTF? So stupid. It was like trying to say vagina when i was 10. I thought it might be because i was feeling bashful with this person but its a totally normal word and part of the body. I don't think Id ever have a hard time saying hand.... Whatever the reason, the language barrier saved me and I don't think he noticed I was being an idiot. hahah.

Another random thought: WHY DIDN'T ANYONE TELL ME SKITTLES ARE VEGAN IN THE US?!?!?!?! I finally found them in France, got all excited to send them home to people and then I find out that its pointless because they can just go buy them! Ugh. Have fun people! Its good news! But now I have 10 bags in my pack and no one to send them to! Guess Ill just have to eat them?

Thanks to everyone who remembered and wished me a happpy day! Its nice to know that people still remember my birthday when Im half way around the world....

3 comments:

farrellvegan said...

im so glad someone else likes bdays too. i want to be 50 and still excited for my bday

Jake said...

i didnt know they were vegan in the us. they werent for a long time.

nice print. i like that its huge.

mint and apple juice sounds amazing.

What a babe that boy is. said...

i was going to tell you happy birthday on your actual birthday but i wanted to keep you humble.

obviously.

i did think about you though. on your birthday.
yesssir.