Sunday, May 3, 2009

My Life Is Chaos And Wonderful

Oh, where to begin?

I will start with Wednesday and Thrusday, the two most uneventful days since I left Paris. Actually the two most uneventful days in a while. They were merely filled with wandering around Prague half asleep looking for the Indian Embassy and talks about veganism. I enjoyed my time but was happy to spend Thursday catching up on sleep and hanging out. I did most of my sight seeing these days too. Mostly because I have been to Prague before but also because I never go inside anything unless its absolutely worth my time or free, the latter being much more important in my decision. I know, Im a bad tourist.

I accidently stayed up all night on Thursday, chatting and drinking too much tea and peeing every five minutes. Good times. By the time I realized and cared about the time it was way past sun rise and almost time to get up and start my Friday.

I had the wonderful privilage of being in Prague for May Day. I hope everyone did something worth while that day as it has some historical significance. If youre not aware, may I suggest wikipedia or something.....

Anyway, every year Prague has an Anti Fascist festival and this year I was privilaged enough to be here for it.

Envy played and it made my day. I dont know much about shows and honestly I never really go to them because I dont care. I havent been in the ¨hardcore¨ scece for the past ten years and I dont know what to expect or think of a show, nor do I know every little detail of the bands history along with a detailed history of who they have fucked. What I do know is that I loved it.

Some people were complaining after and I was accused of not knowing what I was talking about when I said I liked it but I still had a great time. It could have been the fact that I felt surrounded by really rad folks, it could have been that I dont actually know the differnece between a ¨good¨ show and a ¨bad¨ one, or the fact that I was sleep deprived. What ever the case may be, I was moved and extreamly happy I got to be there for it.

The festival was pretty rad all around. I met some great people that day and may have some folks to meet up with in Turkey! They know a lot of people from home and are basically doing what I wanted my trip to be: hitch hiking around, camping and eating soaked lentils for breakfast. I just dont have the guts to do that alone. I cant wait to see them again in a few weeks!

I ate far too much awesome vegan food that day, actually, what the hell am I talking about? Too much good vegan food is impossible!!! Two words: Vegan Crepes.

I actally slept Friday night after the show but havent since. Oh yeah, zombie Justine. Hott! I had made plans to meet Denisa and to get tattooed on Saturday so I needed to get up early to catch a train down to Olomouc. Five hours and some confusion later, I was on another train to Brno.

Its now Sunday night. I slept only one hour very early this morning and I am now exhausted. I feel like I could sleep for a year.

I spent five hours getting tattooed today and I have to say, not sleeping before a long tattoo appointment is the dumbest thing I could have done. It hurt like nothing before. I would rather have my ribs tattooed again anyday. No Fucking Joke!

I think Im happy with the outcome but feel like they might be too big still. Ill adjust after a few weeks and its not like I can change it now.



I have a ton of pictures I need to upload but that is the only I could get to work. Yeah, I know my legs look funny. It was kind of an akward position or I have fucked up legs and didnt notice until now.

Tomorrow I get to go to school for a few hours, should be interesting... and then its back to Prague for me! I wont sleep tomorrow either because Im meeting a girl to go to a release party and with any luck Ill be up until dawn dancing.

Kucin left me the keys to his flat and his roommate has pretty much given me his room for how ever long he is away. Its kind of like I have a flat in Prague except there are some Germans living there and its not mine at all! The strange and wonderful luck I have sometimes!

I thought I would be off to Istanbul on Tuesday but since I dont have anywhere to stay and it hurts to sit Im pushing it back a day or two. Thirty-six hours on a bus with swollen thighs from tattoos and no where to stay when I get there just sounds like an ulcer to me.


I have been extreamly happy the past few days, admittedly, because I havent had a moment to get sad. This is how I should live my life. Always on the go and sleep deprived. Then the depression I suffer from cant catch up! Not healthy, but a plan!
Dont worry, I wouldnt actually do that....

Anyway, right now I need sleep like 15 year old girls need a coked out idol to worship. Nighty night.

2 comments:

Jake said...

Dude! Fuck the haters! hardcore drama is the dumbest shit ever. all punk and hardcore is is a manifestation of post-modernism. good music is good music. end of story. its not like hardcore is ever going to do anything for the world but produce a bunch of sarcastic, lethargic assholes.

end rant.

envy is tight.

your tattoos are amazing. not too big. just right.

Jake said...

so epic.