Tuesday, May 12, 2009

A List of Thoughts and Events

1. Converge.
Jane Doe is better than No Heroes. But No Heroes is still better than You Fail Me. Once again, I'm stupidly late to the game but still enjoying it. Also, Neurosis is terrible. I don't care what you say. Its awful. Sorry guys. I know I just stepped on some toes.

2. PDA, Fuck off!
Wow. Practically fingering your girlf in the middle of a cafe is NOT cool. I'm all for people being happy and in love and all that crap but Jesus! Take it somewhere else! This is not the pot calling the kettle black either. I do not do that. I never have and I never will. Kissing a little is fine. Show a little affection, that's great! Do the stupid couple walk, what do I care (you look stupid as hell doing it because its not functional but whateves).

There is a time and place for things and rubbing each other to the point of climax in public is just rude!

We all get it that you two are a couple and that your madly in love but seriously? I don't want to hear you moaning or see your fucking boner from one meter away! If I wanted to be involved in you sex life, I would just ask! If you want me involved in your sex, then just ask!

And if this is your idea of a kinky time and get off on it, I have a news flash for you: THIS IS NOT CONSENSUAL! I DID NOT AGREE TO BEING A PART OF YOUR SEXY TIME! AND THEREFORE IT IS COMPLETELY INAPPROPRIATE AND NOT OK!

I finally left because it was too disturbing. Not hot, not entertaining, not cute or endearing...just fucking rude! All I wanted was to read in a quiet shop and have coffee.... I did not want a live sex show.

3.Holiday from my Vacation?
My mother has suggested something very interesting to me.... That instead of coming to visit me, I instead will fly home to her. She would buy a round trip ticket so that my worst fears couldn't come true (getting stuck there again both physically and emotionally).

I like this idea for a few reasons:
+ I would get to see my mom and Mamo without the stress of being on the road.
+ I could come home for a few weeks and relax and regroup.
+ I can have Brian work on my sleeve, depending on money of course.
+ Seeing my friends would be nice!
+ I could go to Seattle and see some people and hangout, maybe even SF for a few days.
+ I could shoot a sets with Issac and Cherry in either Seattle or Vancouver, BC.
+ Mmmm.... Vegan food.
+ Bikes!
+ Seeing Jake again!!!

There are other things I know. I'm just not thinking of them right now. The only thing is that I don't want to be there in the winter! If I go I want to go in the summer or early fall. Portland sucks in the winter. Everyone disappears.... So that means it would either be September/October or not again until April/May next year....

4. Offensive Sweater.
Im pretty sure Ive managed to offend some people with my sweater. I figured it would happen but now I kind of feel bad about it. Europeans aren't exactly sensitive to sexual images but today I had my jacket on so that it wouldn't draw too much attention. I think if I were in Portland, it wouldn't be a problem at all but maybe there are too many tourists here for an image such as this one. No one has said anything about it except I occasionally overhear, "did you see that girls sweater?!?"

5. Slut Economics.
I'm reading The Ethical Slut right now. Its pretty much repetitive and kind of reads like an informational kids book but it has some good points in it. Not to mention that it is full of super hippy dippy free love, tie dye bull shit....

One of these good points is the concept of economics. We, as a society, have this idea that there is only so much of everything to go around. Love, friendship, affection, compassion, intimacy. This isn't necessarily true and I'm starting redefine how I think of relationships and what I want from them because of it.

Maybe I'm starting to sound like a free loving hippy.... Shit!

6. Smarty Pantz/ Tooting My Own Horn.....
I got bored earlier and took a bunch of IQ tests. Apparently I'm really smart. Haha! Who would have thought?!?!

I did a bunch of them to cross check my scores and I average about 142. They are all scored differently though. One I got 115 and it said it was still above average, another I got over 150 and one that is all about shapes and images, I got 17 out of 20 correct.

I guess my father was a member of Mensa so he was a pretty sharp fellow, must have inherited it from him!

Now I really want to nerd out and study for the test and become a member too! I think it would be fun! Then I could go to meetings and have really deep, intellectual conversations with other people on my level... Hahahaha! No mostly I want to say that I'm a part of Mensa and to get the brain teasers every month! The meetings could be good too...

7. SG Sets.
Tomorrow I will shoot some new sets with a new photographer. I think were going to do two or three and just sit on them for a while. I'm looking forward to it because were going to try to do something a little different than before. He isn't staff but hes good so well have to wait and see what happens!

I'm still waiting to hear from DiazArri about the set we did together. I haven't seen any of the images but I know its going to look great! Like I said before, he could make a rotting corpse look sexy....

8. Every time I write "haha" I hear Nelson from The Simpsons....

2 comments:

drrn. said...

You don't like Neurosis? :(

What about Jesu? Pelican? Isis? Year of No Light?

farrellvegan said...

ahhhh i would love it if you came back! im going to have this sweet camera by then and you have been one of my favorite people to take pictures of (mostly cause youre willing to do silly stuff like jump and be a ballerina... and cause youre perdy). we could go to cool places and take fun pictures and bike ride and go dancing and all kinds of cool shit and i would be happy. none of this a few days crap either. too bad youre going to be here after september cause fort konik (little records house) will be gone. you can stay at my place if you need to (wherever it will be) that way we can make foodz and you can tell me amazing stories about travels and we can have real discussions (cause everyone else gets all butt hurt about their beliefs)... can you tell im pretty stoked about you visiting?